Building on over 85 years of audio experience, the SRH1540 Premium Closed-Back Headphones deliver world-class audio performance, comfort and durability to listeners of all kinds—professional engineers, musicians and audiophiles. Developed with premium materials and precision engineering, the SRH1540 utilises 40 mm neodymium drivers for an expansive soundstage with clear, warm bass and extended highs.
Developed with aluminum alloy and carbon fiber construction, the lightweight and durable design also features Alcantara ear pads for maximum sound isolation and comfort.
The included storage case, replacement set of Alcantara ear pads, replacement cable, and threaded adapter ensure years of uninterrupted listening enjoyment.
- 40 mm neodymium drivers deliver superior acoustic performance for an expansive soundstage with clear, extended highs and warm bass
- Diaphragm developed with APTIV™ Film for improved linearity and lower THD (total harmonic distortion)
- Closed-back, circumaural design rests comfortably over the ears and reduces background noise
- Lightweight construction features aircraft-grade aluminum alloy yoke and carbon fiber cap for enhanced durability
- Steel driver frame with vented center pole piece improves linearity and eliminates internal resonance for consistent performance at all listening levels
- Ergonomic dual-frame, padded headband is lightweight and fully adjustable for hours of listening comfort
- Oxygen-free copper cable (OFC) with Kevlar™ reinforced jacket offers superior performance and durability
- Dual-exit cables with gold-plated MMCX connectors provide secure connection and detachability for easy storage or replacement
- Replaceable ear pads feature Alcantara and low-density, slow-recovery foam for exceptional comfort
- Legendary Shure durability allows the SRH1540 to withstand the rigors of everyday use
- Transducer Type: dynamic, neodymium magnet
- Driver size: 40 mm
- Sensitivity : 99 dB SPL/mW
- Impedance: 46 Ω
- Max. input power: 1000 mW
- Frequency range: 5 Hz - 25 kHz
- Net weight (without cable): 286 g
- Cable length: 1.8 m
- Type of cable: Dual-exit, detachable oxygen-free copper
- Plug: Gold-plated 3.5 mm stereo mini jack
In the box:
- Additional pair of Alcantara® ear pads (HPAEC1540)
- Two detachable cables (HPASCA3)
- Threaded 6.3 mm gold-plated adapter (HPAQA1)
- Zippered hard storage case (HPACC3)
Winner of 'Best Home Over-Ear Headphones £300+' at 'What Hi-Fi?' Awards two years in a row (2014 & 2015).
'The SRH1540s are 100 per cent worthy of their price – and your attention'
Announced this fall at the AES convention in New York, the Shure SRH1540 [...] headphones offer superior listening and monitoring for the professional engineer, musician, or music fan...
Read full text in American Songwriter
If it were not for my mix playing out of these new Shure SRH1540 headphones, I wouldn't even know they were on my head. The very comfortable SRH1540s are...
Read full text of Barry Rudolph's review on Music Connection
If you've seen our score, then you already know that the SRH1540 can perform. In fact, they are the first headphone we've ever rated a perfect 10...
Read full text on Digital Trends
This new headphone offers a nice, open, detailed top end and a bit of mid-bass boost for those who like a slightly fatter tone...
Read full text on the Everything Audio Network blog